Tatoi Royal Estate:
The "Sleeping Palace" of Mt. Parnitha National Park
History comes to life here, and you shall be part of it. 45 years after the regime change, the royal Palace lies in the magnificent Tatoi Estate inundated by dense vegetation.
- Ride past Ernst Ziller’s “Greek-Swiss style” royal villa of the 19th century, the royal cemetery, the winery, the barracks, the stables, the tower clock and Prophet Elijah’s chapel, crossing the Estate’s blooming paths and earthy scents.
- Architectural details that alternate between the neoclassical and the “picturesque”, or romantic, blend with nature in all its splendour. Legends loom large here, and so will you, as we cross the charming royal gate and the historic hunting grounds of royalty.
- Hawks, owls, “weeping” fir trees, the willows that “whisper” to the poets and the Hamadryad Nymphs that “travel” with their oaks recount stories and stimulate your every step.
- Meet Princess Sissy, Czar Nicholas II, Queen Elizabeth II and Jackie Kennedy, in a romantic meal in the palace courtyard, and dip into unexpected flavors and rare wine selection. War, occupancy, romance, glory and democracy: Become part of this story that is so sensitive for every Greek.
- Full- time services of a certified professional mountain leader and interpretive guide.
- Mountain bike tour, state of the art equipment (mountain bicycles & helmets), and service.
- Hotel pick- up and drop off (minivan)
- Transport by minivan & private services of a driver during the tour.
- Private set-up for a picnic, including wine and local delicacies (full meal).
Our tours are designed to be implemented by a small, friendly group of 4-12 people. Of course we can personalize the tour for 1 traveler, 2 companions or a larger group of people.
This is a private tour. Prices vary according to group size.
All of our tours include some physical activity- it is an essential part of the Pace Odyssey experience. This is a moderately active tour. However, we can tailor it to your ideal activity level.
Hiking distance: 4- 7 km.
Hiking duration: 1- 3 hours
Elevation gain: 0 m.
elevation loss: 0 m.
Biking distance: upon request.
*Suitable for children over 9 years old.
The following list informs you about the suggested equipment in order to enjoy a pleasant and safe hike.
Feel free to adapt it to your personal needs.
- Backpack (to carry a bottle of water, your camera, an extra T-shirt, snacks etc.).
- Clothing: T- shirt, shorts or Bermuda shorts.
- Casual shoes, snickers or hiking shoes (we suggest hiking shoes that hold the ankle securely- vibram type sole).
- Sun hat or cap.
- Sunglasses, sun cream and lipstick.
- Bottle of water (1.5 liters minimum).
- Trekking poles (optional).
*A first aid kit is provided by us and placed under the responsibility of the guide, who is certified in first aid and CPR.
Greece has a typical Mediterranean climate, which lends itself to mild and often wet winters and dry summers. The country is mostly sunny throughout the year.
Spring is pleasant and sunny in most of the country. The days with some rainfall become less and less frequent. Temperatures are gradually warming up but light layers are still recommended for the cooler nights.
Summer in Greece is hot and sunny. The Meltemi, a northerly wind typical of the warmest months (July and August), often blows, making the hot days smoother. Pack a bathing suit and lighter clothing, especially if you’re visiting Greece during the peak months of July and August.
Fall is warm, making it a great time to visit. Similarly to summer, bring lighter clothing, a swimsuit, and good sunscreen. If you visit later in the season, a sweater will be useful for increasingly chilly nights.
“No finer, greater gift than that… when man and woman possess their home, two minds two hearts that work as one”.
Homer, The Odyssey