Sunset Beach Picnic
Treat yourself to an unforgettable experience with our Luxury Picnic settings on an idyllic beach in Cape Sounion and witness the most spectacular sunset of the Aegean.
- Visiting Sounion & the Athens Riviera is a sensory experience. Enjoy the view of the Temple of Poseidon from a sandy beach accessible only to those who are in the know.
- You arrive and indulge in all that is available to you. Savor Greece’s finest artisan foods and surrender in the serenity of the Aegean Sea as everything from setup to cleanup is taken care of for you.
- Simply bring your beloved ones and your appetite and indulge on cured meats, artisan tarts, fresh bruschettas and ripe fruits, while sipping on unique, mouth-watering local wine varieties.
- Raise the experience to another level by adding melodies of ney or saxophone. World class musician Haris Lambrakis will be there to merge his sounds with the gentle splash of the water on the shore.
- Combine your picnic with a snorkeling tour or take a rib boat tour around the vertiginous limestone cliffs surrounding the Temple of Poseidon. Our snorkeling experts guide you through the most stunning views of the untouched Aegean seabed.
Tip: Menus are seasonal, curated by our chef.
- Full- time services of a certified professional mountain leader and interpretive guide.
- Entrance fees to the archaeological site of Cape Sounion.
- Private set-up for a luxury beach picnic, including different varieties of wine and a full menu of local delicacies.
- Private services of our chef.
- Private services of snorkeling and diving instructors certified by PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) and trained in first aid in and out of the water.
- Our 10-meter high speed boat is fully equipped with all life-saving safeguards according to the law.
- State of the art snorkeling and diving equipment.
- Private services of a certified captain during the cruises.
- Hotel pick- up and drop off (minivan).
- Transport by minivan & private services of a driver during the tour.
Price & Group Size
Our tours are designed to be implemented by a small, friendly group of 4-12 people. Of course we can personalize the tour for 1 traveler, 2 companions or a larger group of people.
This is a private tour. Prices vary according to group size.
All of our tours include some physical activity- it is an essential part of the Pace Odyssey experience. This is an easy active tour. However, we can tailor it to your ideal activity level.
Who can dive?
Anyone who is reasonably fit can dive, and do that in a very safe and enjoyable way. Men and women up to 70 years old can practice the sport together with their diving instructor.
The only prerequisite is to know how to swim. Diving is not a particularly demanding physical activity and is actively enjoyed by people of all ages and physical readiness.
The following list informs you about the suggested equipment in order to enjoy a pleasant and safe hike.
Feel free to adapt it to your personal needs.
- Backpack (to carry a bottle of water, your camera, an extra T-shirt, snacks etc.).
- Clothing: T- shirt, shorts or Bermuda shorts.
- Casual shoes, snickers or hiking shoes (we suggest hiking shoes that hold the ankle securely- vibram type sole).
- Sun hat or cap.
- Sunglasses, sun cream and lipstick.
- Beach towel.
*A first aid kit is provided by us and placed under the responsibility of the guide, who is certified in first aid and CPR.
When to go & Wheather
Greece has a typical Mediterranean climate, which lends itself to mild and often wet winters and dry summers. The country is mostly sunny throughout the year.
Spring is pleasant and sunny in most of the country. The days with some rainfall become less and less frequent. Temperatures are gradually warming up but light layers are still recommended for the cooler nights.
Summer in Greece is hot and sunny. The Meltemi, a northerly wind typical of the warmest months (July and August), often blows, making the hot days smoother. Pack a bathing suit and lighter clothing, especially if you’re visiting Greece during the peak months of July and August.
Fall is warm, making it a great time to visit. Similarly to summer, bring lighter clothing, a swimsuit, and good sunscreen. If you visit later in the season, a sweater will be useful for increasingly chilly nights.
“Of the many things hidden from the knowledge of man, nothing is more unintelligible than the human heart.”
Homer, The Odyssey